Stanley is my grandfather's youngest brother. He was born 1891, and I know little about his early life, except that his mother died when he was only seven. I find him in 1911 at the age of 20, living with his brother and sister-in-law. His job at the time is listed as shop assistant, again I have no idea what shop assistant meant.
In 1914 he is returning from Bombay India, I can only assume they went to visit his brother Reginald, who was in the Indian Army, or possibly his sister Gertrude Annie, whose husband worked in the oil fields . Shortly thereafter, in early 1915 he marries Doris Emma Firth.
The first record I have found on his travels to Tobago are 1925, the last 1932and is listed as a merchant. It appears he may have avoided the English winter by going to Tobago in October or November returning back to England in the spring. Some of the records show they may have had a permanent residence on Tobago. On many of those trips, his wife, and daughter accompany him.
His daughter was born in 1919 her name is, Pamela Constance Paige.The next record I have of him,he is traveling Mombasa Kenya, in 1947, and then in 1951 returning from Kenya, his listed occupation is engineer.Other than finding that he died in 1969, I had no other records of his life, until today.
Today I found out that at the age of 71, he married 47 year old Catherine Tipping.
My search will continue
just in case you are interested
A report on my investigations of the Warwick families. and some of my thoughts along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Waking up my Blog
Waking up my Blog After 8 years of inactivity on my blog, I have decided to give blogging another go. I have been in almost lockdown condit...
-
Part 1 I do not remember traveling on the train before, but my brother maintains we traveled to St Catharine’s in the distant past. I ...
-
Search for Agnes Louise Paige (Newton) b 10 Jun 1876, m 1912, d 10 Feb 1916. Cousin Sarah has returned to Sidney, after visiting relativ...
-
Waking up my Blog After 8 years of inactivity on my blog, I have decided to give blogging another go. I have been in almost lockdown condit...
No comments:
Post a Comment