Search for Agnes Louise Paige (Newton) b 10 Jun 1876, m 1912, d 10 Feb 1916.
Cousin Sarah has returned to Sidney, after visiting relatives in Auckland New Zealand, and looking for the grave of Agnes.
Here is her E Mail, and the pictures she sent:
Happy New Year to all! Hope 2012 turns out to a Great Year.
Reporting back from New Zealand, after over an hour search, together with two council workers at the cemetery we found Agnes Louise's resting place. As you see by the photos, no head stone or any kind of markings. Thankfully I went to see the manager and he gave me a plan and also gave me the grave sites of her neighbours. It was with this information that we managed to find her. Hats off to the coucil workers as one of them found two neighbouring graves, well marked, for us to agree that in deed that area was grave 85.
It was a very damp and windy day - but I thought I'd come this far I wasn't going to give up.
When I have more time I will update her ancestry page. If you want to include this in your blog Don, go for it.
15: Agnes Louise's resting place
Reporting back from New Zealand, after over an hour search, together with two council workers at the cemetery we found Agnes Louise's resting place. As you see by the photos, no head stone or any kind of markings. Thankfully I went to see the manager and he gave me a plan and also gave me the grave sites of her neighbours. It was with this information that we managed to find her. Hats off to the coucil workers as one of them found two neighbouring graves, well marked, for us to agree that in deed that area was grave 85.
It was a very damp and windy day - but I thought I'd come this far I wasn't going to give up.
When I have more time I will update her ancestry page. If you want to include this in your blog Don, go for it.
15: Agnes Louise's resting place
17: Further neighbour, Wilde.



No comments:
Post a Comment